Saturday, February 11, 2012

Harry Truman's Head

 Personal Comment: For this project the instructions were to make a bust of a real human person. I chose to make Harry Truman, the 33rd president of the United States. I started by forming the shape of the head and shoulders with newspaper and tape. Then I wraped cellophane around it so that it would be easier to remove once the clay was dry. Over that I lay layers of clay, then using tools and my hands I shaped the face and added layers of clay where I saw fit. To make the suit I rolled clay out and cut it to the right shape then layered it over the shoulders. I even added a little American flag pin, to make it more official. Normally he had glasses on however I was going to add those on after firing so that they would be less likely to break off during the process. I am overly happy with how this project turned out, I believe it is one of my best ceramic projects so far. I would not have done anything different.

No comments:

Post a Comment